Sanitation Recommendations for your Office Equipment
- Be sure to turn power off before cleaning in order to avoid malfunction
- Chemicals safe to use:
- Isopropyl alcohol or wipes (with at least 60% alcohol content; this is recommended by the CDC)
- Most antibacterial / disinfectant wipes
- Most antibacterial / disinfectant sprays
- For sprays
- Use a soft, lint free cloth. Moisten it with spray and wipe down the screen and panels.
- Clean control panels 4 times daily. Top of machine and paper drawer handles daily.
- DO NOT: Spray directly onto the device (this can damage internal components) or use paper towels (they may scratch screens)
- Avoid the below chemicals, as these can damage screens
- Bleach (Clorox)
- Other harsh cleaning solvents
- Other option
- Have your device setup so you can print wirelessly from a mobile phone or tablet
- Purchase and distribute stylus pens to staff
For those that don’t have a stylus here is a video on how to make one.